Where else can you wander through an acre of flowers, picking your own wedding flowers? On more than one occasion we have had brides say that this was the best part of their entire wedding! That said, if you don't have time or would like us to select and pick your flowers for you, we can do that too — all you have to do is come and collect them.
How does pick-your-own wedding flowers work?
- We recommend picking your wedding flowers a couple of days before your wedding so they have time to stand in water overnight. So, the first thing to do it book your flower buckets.
- How many flowers can I fit in a large bucket? You can fit a lot of flowers & foliage into one of our large buckets. We estimate that one bucket is enough for approximately 10 small table arrangements, 3 hand-tied bouquets or one large pedestal arrangement.
- When booking we ask you to choose a date, approximate time and number of buckets. These are paid for in advance. If you decide you need to pick an extra bucket or two, this can be arranged.
When you come to pick:
- We will give you buckets and snippers (the bucket is included in the price and is for you to transport your flowers)
- We recommend you wear ‘sensible shoes’ or wellies — the ground can be a bit uneven and the grass wet
- If you need a break, there are picnic benches and shelter
- Make sure you allow plenty of space in your car. Crates or boxes are handy for keeping the flower buckets upright.
- If it rains, we have a selection of wellies and umbrellas for you to borrow and plenty of shelter — but please check the forecast and dress accordingly
What if I don't have time to pick my own flowers?
If you are short on time or don't feel confident picking your own flowers, we are here to help. Simply order your pre-picked buckets of seasonal flowers and foliage below. We choose the best of what is in bloom, including main flowers, secondary flowers, fillers and foliage for you or your florist to use. These can be booked for collection a couple of days, or the day before your wedding or event.
How do I find out what will be flowering at the time of my wedding?
The Blooming Green flower calendar gives an outline of what is likely to be in flower when you come to pick but it is by no means exhaustive and there will be lots of other gorgeous flowers and foliage to choose from.